Last year we submitted our character changes and then voted on our favorite. We are still going to do that, but this time we are going to add some extras (for those who are interested - I'm not trying to be all "high council" or anything).
If you've already put on your "costume", please change back to "normal" for a few days. Why? We will need your original avatar for comparison. Aaaaaand, everyone loves "reveal day".
So, here are the rules for submission (if you want - again, it's totally OPTIONAL for FUN, people):
1) You must fill out the form at the bottom of the blog post to submit your Twittereen costume by October 30th 7:00 p.m. EST to qualify to win. There are a bazillion of you now, and it will take me a few hours to compile. :)
2) Reveal starts on October 31st! And so will the voting for best Twittereen "costume"! This year we are adding a few extra awards:
a) Best copy
Sometimes imitation is the best form of flattery, especially if a Twitter avatar is unique. If you can morph your own character into someone else, that's pretty awesome. Here's how @jlanier became @natbanting last year:
and how @jreulbach became @mgolding:
Oh Julie... That gets me every time. :)
b) Most creative interpretation
Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out someone's "costume" (I hear your sarcasm - just shut it right now). The most difficult last year was actually a recreation of me.
(it's a HEDGE.... get it?)
c) Best "burn"
This is a new one and I can't quite find an example for it, but I want to do it anyway (because I think it will be funny). We throw verbal punches at each other (in jest) all the time, so I figure this year someone would probably be creative enough to do a pictorial jab as well. (And yes I already have mine picked out, but that's not the point).
So again, please DON'T change your avatar until people have had a chance to do the copy (as you'll see in the form below, they gotta have it to enter).
And here is the direct link to the form if you need it: http://form.jotform.co/form/32997528961876
Have fun and we'll see the "new you" on the 31st!




No comments:
Post a Comment