Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Twittereen 2012!!!

Just had the best Halloween party via #globalmath, so I decided to go ahead and knock out my blog post. I'm not sure that blogging right now is a good idea, but I'm gonna do it anyway. heh heh heh

So TWITTEREEN, everybody!!

For those of you thinking, "What the FRACK are you talking about, girl?", let me explain. Twittereen is where we choose another tweep's avatar to reconstruct as our own. For example, here's mine:
I'm @chrishunter36.

If you don't follow "Doodle Smurf", you should.

here's his original avatar:



I picked him for a reason. Not only is he a GREAT friend and amazing colleague, that guy let his kids use his face as a canvas and it was AWESOME. Honestly, I don't know ANY dad that would be willing to do that, so it pulled at my heart strings a little and he got MAJOR props from me for it. But I don't really like looking at my face so I thought about doing someone different instead of Doodle Smurf.

I LOVE and respect a lot of tweeps, so I felt very GRRRRR with having to choose just ONE person to mock/emulate/appreciate, so I have a few "alternates" I will be using on 10/31 throughout the day just to screw with your mind (cuz that's how I roll).

And here they are:








**BTW, that's Sonic the Hedgehog at the blackboard... **



**believe it or not, that hedgehog image is WALGREEN'S mascot. I kid you not. **

I'd also thought about trying to be @absvalteaching, but then he changed his avatar to something I couldn't recreate. BUT, if you followed him "pre-shovel", you'll get this:





I **did** have another tweep picked out for Twittereen, but... whatevs.


I don't think @ultrarawr follows me (not that I blame him, I wouldn't follow me either, hahahaha). So if you would, let them know I gave him a shoutout.

UPDATE: I also thought @mpershan didn't follow me, but HE DOES. Holy frackin' cow. So honored. That guy is a genius.

The biggest shocker is that people actually chose ME this year. That hasn't happened before. My pic is usually tough to replicate (hence, why I picked it), but I'll be DAMNED if some people didn't go after me and nail it. To the tweeps below, this was TRULY better than any Christmas or birthday present I've gotten in the last... decade at least. So thank you!!! Here they are in the order that I recognized them:


1. @mathtastrophe - girlfriend done gone and put a pic up with her and my boyfran... I dunno how I feel about that. LOL!



2. @MrPicc112 - seriously. I wish you could've seen the SMILE on my face when I saw this. Timon is the best little younger brother I never had but always wanted. I absolutely love this guy.

and he also changed his blog a bit to reflect today:


3. @absvalteaching - he's changed it since this afternoon, but here's what he posted first:

I laughed so hard, I almost... well, y'know (about 0:48).

4. @MaryBourassa - I found out about this one during #globalmath's Twittereen party when people were going nuts over it. I thought, "I gotta see what the fuss is about." At first I thought, "HUH?? Who would be this big green leafy thing??" Then it hit me - IT'S A HEDGE!! Oh my god. How cool is that? VERY creative!!! Although I worried when I saw this tweet:



I thought, "Well, I DO talk in circles and never seem to REALLY get anywhere... so... yeah. That's me." :)

Here's her avatar:

Some other highlights of my day:

@Fouss is SUCH a cutie. I laughed so hard at this picture (that I had to BEG for):

I'm sure you can guess her costume. I wish I was that awesome (and #HOTMOMMA even in a shirt full of pillows!!).

@mesimmons decked out his room as a haunted house - he came dressed like he was starring in a "Thriller" video remake. Scared the FRACK out of me. I had to get a kid to go to his room and take this picture cuz I couldn't look at him:



Some of my favorite Twittereen costumes were:








So Twittereen TOTALLY made my day (which OHMYGOODLAWD I needed so bad). I will be posting a few of my favorites tomorrow once the full roster of Twittereen is complete, so check back (unless you're scared...).


One final MAJOR shoutout to my sista from anotha mista, @mgolding, for putting together our Twittereen party AND for organizing #globalmath EVERY week. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her and what a TRUE rockstar she is in my heart. :)
Here she is as @mrpicc122:





BTW, here are two YouTube videos that have me CRACKING up this week for NO reason whatsoever. Hope you like 'em:







4 comments:

Mr. Piccini said...

I blame you for the hours of work I am now not going to do, because of those kid snippets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoredShortsTV?feature=watch

This one is awesome.

Hedge said...

heh heh heh....
Well, at least I'm good for SOMETHIN'.
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm blushing.

Thanks for the kind words but I'm sure that there are a lot of dads out there who have had their faces painted by their kids. Or something equally embarassing. I may be the only one who's a big enough dork to make this my avatar. I'll give you that.

For the record, it's an aquarium painted on my face. (Doodle Nemo, maybe?)

It's nice to see people mix it up with their avatars. I was still having to double check who's who for those who were using pictures of two tweeps hugging at TMC12.

Of all the twitterblogospheres, Twittereen is further evidence that the mathtwitterblogosphere is the best.

Happy Twittereen, Hedge!

Megan Hayes-Golding said...

Agreed on the hours lost to Kid Shorts. Heck, it's been over a week since I got lost in them. Basketball Class, I'm not kidding, is the best!

Who doesn't love a good Twittereen?!?! Thanks for being a part of what's so awesome about this lil community, sista.